Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So to start out... If Todd knew I was posting this for the world to see he might be mad...
For those of you that don't know Todd.. He became a father overnight... He married me and my two kids.. we had our baby 4 years ago.. He is a hard working guy, that will do anything for anyone. He may not understand the fact that girls cry and why if you look at them the wrong way they think that something is wrong. But that is something that he will have to get over; because he lives with 3 girls. Him and Connor will always be out numbered.
He is my always makes me feel safe and I know that he will always be there for me.
But now he needs me, family and friends more than he ever will know..
Last Thursday morning he woke up with a funny sound in his left ear, like a tin can was over it. By Friday he could not take it anymore and made a Dr appointment. She told him that it was from the long winter and that because of that we are having to run our heater more than normal and that his nasal passages are plugged. she gave him some spray and saline spray to help with that.
We then left for a family vacation to Moab. When he woke up Saturday he had no hearing in his ear. Thinking it was the same thing he went to the Dr. for he really didn't think anything of it. Monday morning he called me at work and asked if I could make him an appointment with an ENT (you know the ear guy) He was able to get in that same day. When I called him after work to see how it went all he could say was bad. He could not talk because he was at the pharmacy. When I got home he let me know that he was diagnosed with "Sudden sensorineral hearing loss" and that he is 100% deaf in his left ear. The dr said they can't explain why or how it happens but that they will give him a steroid to see if that will help. Non the less we are with out answers. We started to google things. We found out that it happens overnight. One day you can hear and 12hrs you can't. they are not sure if the other one will go too. The articles we read said that 12% of people will have hearing loss forever and some people can get there hearing back in 6 months. He is scheduled for an MRI this Friday to see if anything else is going on and we should have an update on the 16th. I have big mixed emotions, on this one. I don't want anything to be wrong but I do want an answer of some kind. I am sorry to leave the ones that are reading this and wondering what is going to happen, but I don't know and we wont for a few weeks.
I see parents and children at work struggle with life changing things all the time. But I never thought that I would have to deal with this in my own life. He is suck a Strong person and to see him suffer and not be able to fix it kills me. Please be strong for him and our family and keep us in your prayers.






1 comment:

  1. Mindy - that is so scary! I'm so sorry to hear that you and your family have to go thru this right now. We will think of and pray for you. I will check back for updates when you get some answers (hopefully soon). Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime. Patti

    ReplyDelete