Friday, May 6, 2011





We arrived at the Hospital at 0730 on 5/6/2011. We went to the extra large building and found where we need to go to get the MRI started. We signed in with the clerk who gave us one of those pager things like when you go to "The Olive Garden" when that very noisey thing went off we paid the lady our portion of the MRI fee. Can I say if they pay 80% I would hate to see that bill.. They then gave us some paper to fill out. Todd only got his name filled out and they called him back as they asked me to stay behind and wait, my eyes started to get all watery as he walked away. I tried to watch fox news but, that did not last very long. I can only watch so much crap about the bad things that happen in the world. I tried to read the book.. I have a hard time reading any way but, when anyone would walk down the hall I would look up wanting to see his face. about 45 min of reading looking for him. A door opened and a guy called from "Mindy Smith" My heart dropped, I waited for a few seconds for hime to say it again.. Maybe I heard him wrong.. o god please say I heard you wrong... I knew he should have gotten a pill to help him relax. I new I should have just gone back.. I heard it again "Mindy Smith" I turned to him and said.. I am Mindy but my husband is the one with the appointment. He then smiled and said the Mindy I have is 87. O good. Why do I freak out like that? Why do I always think the worse of things. Ok now my heart is back to normal. I guess I can read for a little longer... NOPE... No more reading for me.

That is when I started to write all this stuff down in the smallest note book in the world.

This is the longest wait of my life. I keep hearing the other peoples pager things going off and seeing about 8 people going in and out. I know that this would be long thing but, I don't know I would not be able to handle this. I keep thining should I go ask the lady that registered us and see if she knows how long it should take. Should I go walk around, why don't they have fish for me to look at. What place doesn't have fish for me to look at.

I finally see him he is walking toward me. He is not stopping I think he is more down with this place than I am. I picked up my bag and we left. They told him that the Dr. Office will have the readings on monday. This is going to be along weekend.

2 comments:

  1. ScArY! I hope that the results come back good and SOON. I will be praying and thinking of you guys. LOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys right now. I know how bad it sucks sitting there waiting for your husband feeling totally scared and just wanting to cry! And i agree... in these crappy times there's never any damn fish to look at!! I wish I could have been there waiting with you so you weren't alone. Please call me or text me if you ever need anything or just need to chat.. I'm always here for you! I love you big sis!! Tara

    ReplyDelete